The conference has been attended by 94 participants including 63 ones from 16 scientific entities (6 foreign ones) and 18 participants representing 13 industrial enterprises.
The conference has been held under the Honourable Patronage of the Minister of Science and Higher Education. Scientific Patron of the conference was the Committee on Materials Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
During the plenary sessions, 14 papers were presented including 7 papers whose authors were scientists representing 6 foreign scientific institutions and 7 papers whose authors were scientists of 5 domestic scientific institutions.
Many splendid guest, outstanding scientists from Poland and abroad were present.
In addition to the conference debates, there were discussions and direct conversations, as well as lobbying which were to make and strengthen the relations of the representatives of science and economy.
The plenary session entitled, Advanced metal forming technologies – Demonstrator+, related to the realisation of the project, EXALU5000 entitled “Development of innovative technology for extrusion of sections from hard-deformable 5xxx series aluminium alloys” has been preceded by visiting the Production Plant Albatros Aluminium Ltd. in Wałcz.
The innovative Albatros Aluminium Ltd is a producer of world class aluminium profiles using a technological line which is the most modern one in the world scale and lean aluminium alloys. The conference participants travelled by a bus from Mierzęcin to Wałcz and visited the plant in small groups and got acquainted with the details of the technology and machines used in the production of aluminium profiles, as well as with the occurring technical problems.
The conference was accompanied by the following events: chamber concert of soprano singer Ksenia Shaushyshvili accompanied by piano player Kinga Mikołajczak and solemn dinner held after the completion of the debates of the first day of the conference.
In the afternoon of the second day of the conference, a solemn Session on the occasion of professor Leopold Berkowski’s 50thanniversary of work in the Metal Forming Institute was held. Professor Leopold Berkowski is an outstanding scientist in the field of mechanics, machine construction and exploitation, as well as material engineering (physical metallurgy and heat treatment); he is an author of numerous publications and scientific works, many of which have been implemented in industrial practice. He is a professor conferring doctor’s theses, reviewer of books and scripts, doctor’s theses and scientific achievement for promotions to scientific posts or for scientific title. He has been working in the Metal Forming Institute since 1965. From 2005 and on, he has the function on of a Deputy Editor of the “Metal Forming” periodical. He has been a member of the Metal Forming Institute’s Scientific Council (its Chairman in the period of 1991–1995 and Deputy Chairman from 2012 till now).
The solemn session was attended by special guests – former and present collaborators, friends and relatives of Professor Berkowski. The person of the Jubilee celebrator, interesting facts of his private and professional life, scientific achievements, as well as merits for the Institute and Polish science have been presented by the Director of the Institute, professor Hanna Wiśniewska-Weinert. The Celebrator has gratefully reminded persons who had played important roles in his life and scientific career, from the days of his childhood till now. There were memories of the Celebrator expressed by, among others, professor Leszek Dobrzański, professor Jerzy Pacyna, professor Stefan Szczepanik, congratulations and wishes from the conference participants. On behalf of the Institute staff, congratulations were transferred by the Institute Director, Professor Hanna Wiśniewska-Weinert and Deputy Directors, Mr Jacek Borowski, D.Sc.Eng and Mr Stanisław Ziółkiewicz, D.Sc.Eng.; on behalf of the Editorial Boarde of the “Metal Foming” periodical – by the Editor, Professor Włodzimierz Bochniak.
After the jubilee celebration, a poster session has taken place, as well as, in parallel, a meeting of the EXALU5000 project partners.
Within the poster session, the results of performed investigation works, mainly within projects, most by the Metal Forming Institute and other scientific institutions, have been presented in 22 posters
The following posters have been shown:
- Examination of the possibility of rolling the extruded profile of aluminum alloy – Borowski, G. Płaczek, D. Andrzejewski – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
- Research on AlMg alloys deformability during extrusion process – M. Dziki, D. Leśniak, J. Richert, J. Zasadziński, W. Libura – AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland, B. Płonka – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Light Metals Division, Skawina, Poland, H. Jurczak – Albatros Aluminium Sp. z o.o. Poznań,
- Research on susceptibility of AlMg alloys for extrusion welding – Wassermann, D. Leśniak, M. Richert, B. Leszczyńska-Madej, M. Dziki, K. Zaborowski – AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland, H. Jurczak – Albatros Aluminium, Poznań, Poland,
- Biodegradable alloys – Mg – Ca – Boczkal, M. Lech-Grega, M. Karaś, D. Kapinos, B. Płonka, P. Korczak, W. Szymański – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Light Metals Division, Skawina, Poland,
- HypOrth – New approaches in the development of hypoallergenic implant material in orthopaedics: steps to personalised medicine – Mróz, M. Ignatev – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland, C. Lohmann – Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany,
- Innovative line for cold rolling of flat bars with predetermined properties –
Pieszak, T. Gądek – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
- Electrochemical corrosion of wires used in maxillo-facial surgery – Przondziono, M. Tkocz, M. Wojciechowski, J. Mendala – Silesian University of Technology, Katowice, Poland, W. Walke – Silesian University of Technology, Zabrze, Poland,
- Laser surface treatment of copper – Domagała-Dubiel, Z. Rdzawski, W. Głuchowski – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Gliwice, Poland, D. Janicki – Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
- Evaluation of the degree of wear of copper-based composite materials reinforced with heterophasic non-metallic particles – Juszczyk, J. Kulasa, W. Malec, Ł.J. Wierzbicki, B. Cwolek – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Gliwice, Poland,
- Plastometric testing of rheological properties of 5754, 5083, 5019 and 5XXX aluminium alloy for the purpose of numerical modeling extrusion process – Sawicki, H. Dyja, A. Kawałek, K Laber, M. Knapiński – Częstochowa University of Technology, Częstochowa, Poland,
- Wrought alloys MgYCa with the addition of Zn – S. Boczkal, M. Lech-Grega, W. Szymański, B. Płonka, P. Korczak, D. Kapinos – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Light Metals Division, Skawina, Poland,
- Study of plastic working of high strength Mg alloys through extrusion and forging – Płonka, K. Remsak, M. Rajda, P. Korczak – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Light Metals Division, Skawina, Poland,
- Development of SPS technologies in the frame of EU PILOTMANU Project – Garbiec, M. Lijewski, V. Leshchynsky – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
- CuTi alloys of high mechanical properties – Głuchowski, Z. Rdzawski, J. Domagała-Dubiel – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Gliwice, Poland,
- Alloys of fine-grained structure obtained by the KOBO extrusion method – Kulasa, W. Malec, B. Juszczyk, Ł.J. Wierzbicki, B. Cwolek – Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Gliwice, Poland,
- Laboratory rolling mill modernized within the project, “Elaboration and implementation of the technology of recycling steel strip wastes” – Rozmysłowicz, T. Gądek – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
- Properties of welded profiles of aluminium alloys series 5XXX and 6063 made by the TIG method – F. Heyduk – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
- The effect of heat treatment combined with SPD processing on the structure and mechanical properties of Al-Mg alloy – Tański – Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland,
- Influence of the parameters and strain state on the flow stress of 5XXX hard-deformed aluminum alloy – Laber, H. Dyja, A. Kawałek, S. Sawicki, M. Knapiński – Częstochowa University of Technology, Częstochowa, Poland,
- Introducing particles of solid lubricant onto surface of friction parts engineered for high temperature applications HIGRAPH) – Lijewski, V. Leshchynsky – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
- Fatigue strength of extruded aluminum profiles of the 5xxx series – Borowski, D. Andrzejewski – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
- Developing the design documentation of technology of extrusion the profiles made of hard-deformable AlMg alloys) – Wielowiejska-Giertuga, J. Sulej-Chojnacka, J. Borowski – Metal Forming Institute, Poznań, Poland,
Conference materials (abstracts of papers and posters shown during the conference) have been edited.
Selected texts of papers, after the procedure of the “Metal Forming” periodical (ISSN 0867-2628) have been qualified for printing in issues 3 and 4 of the periodical (2016, vol. XXVII)
Thanks for the invitation to the conference have been expressed, among others, by:
- Member of the Board of the Wielkopolska Region, Mr Leszek Wojtasiak
- Deputy Director of the Department of Supervised and Subordinate Units of the Ministry of Economic Development, Mrs Izabela Żmudka
You are kindly invited to the gallery of photographs